The purpose of the Facebook group is to share information, ask questions and educate people about St Stephen’s Church and its events.
- Whilst this is a private forum, before posting ask yourself: Is this something I would publicly share before 120 people in church on Sunday? If the answer is no, reconsider your post.
- When sharing prayer concerns, or other personal information, please be sure to ask permission first. Helpful concern may also violate someone’s privacy.
- Personal conversations are best reserved for private messaging.
- General concerns about the church, its policies, vision, mission, committee decisions, etc. should be addressed directly to church leaders.
- Constructive and thoughtful discussion is encouraged. Obviously, everyone will not always agree on everything. Everyone is encouraged to be thoughtful and respectful. Personal disagreements and arguments between individuals should be not be conducted through this medium.
Please ensure that your ideas and comments:
- are respectful of others – comments should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person’s character
- don’t incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristics
- don’t break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and intellectual property and data protection
- are reasonably concise, and don’t constitute spamming of the site
- are relevant – please don’t post messages unrelated to this channel or the subject under discussion
- party political, campaign or pressure group posts. It is fine to discuss issues, but obvious alignment to particular parties or groups is inappropriate as this is a church Facebook page.
- potentially libellous, false, or defamatory statements